To communicate with your students using an email address that is different than your UCLA email account, please complete the following steps in Canvas:
- Click the Account button in the Canvas blue, global navigation menu bar and select the Settings link.
- Click the + Email Address link to add your personal account.
- Type the email address you want to add in the Email Address field and click the Register Email button.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email account that you registered. Access that account to view the confirmation email. Click the "Click here to confirm this registration" link included in the email. Once confirmed, the registered email will now be listed in your Canvas Settings. (Note: Your UCLA email address must be designated as your preferred email. This is indicated with the star icon next to it.)
- To forward Canvas notifications, including email messages, to your newly registered email address, click the Account button in the Canvas blue, global navigation menu bar and select the Notifications link.
- Set the Notification Preferences for your newly registered email address. (Note: Your UCLA preferred email will be listed in the first column. Set the preferences for your email in the second column.)
- To ensure that email messages from the Canvas Inbox are forwarded to your newly registered email address, select the Notify Me Right Away preference for Conversations.