Turnitin is a plagiarism prevention tool integrated into Canvas for certain courses. If you would like to use Turnitin follow these steps to create a Turnitin Assignment:
- Navigate to the Modules section of your course. Choose or create a weekly module and click on the + button.
- Select [ New Assignment ] and enter the Assignment Name. Click Add Item.
- Click on your newly created assignment and click Edit. On this page you will be able to enter assignment directions, due dates and other details.
- Scroll down to Submission Type and select External Tool from the drop down menu.
- Click Find and select Turnitin Assignment from the list of options.
- Adjust any other settings such as assignment due dates and click Save
- Click I Agree at the Turnitin End-User License Agreement on the following page.
- Navigate back to Modules and publish your assignment.
You have now created your Turnitin Assignment. For more information on using Turnitin follow these links: