Panopto is a video creation tool that allows instructors to record and upload videos for their courses. Panopto is fully integrated into Canvas and is accessible by clicking Videos in your course navigation menu.
Panopto is useful for recording short course lectures, introducing yourself to your class, creating just-in-time video responses to your students, and uploading example videos to embed in your Canvas course. Click here to see our Introduction to Panopto video!
Panopto features include:
- Video recording and editing tools that allow you to create and easily trim sections of your video.
- Multiple stream recording that allows for video, audio, and graphic/presentation recording.
- Automatic captioning of videos that can be viewed and edited for accuracy.
- Smart Chapters feature that allows you to add chapter markers to help learners easily navigate the video content.
- Interactive quiz tool that allows you to create quizzes directly within your video content.
Getting Started with Panopto
View the following guides to start using Panopto for your Canvas course: