There is more to do after clicking "Stop" and uploading your video recording! Read on for tips on editing and embedding a video recording in your course.
How to Start Editing
1. Click on Videos inside of your course (1).
2. Move your mouse over the name of the video (2) that you want to edit, this will reveal an Edit button with a pencil icon.
3. Click Edit (3).
- View the timeline (4) below your recording, use it to navigate to the beginning, middle or end of your recording.
- Click on the Scissors tool (5) to remove unwanted parts of your recording.
- Click and drag on the timeline to select sections of your recording that you want to remove (6), those sections will then become grayed out and become invisible to students.
- Click the Play button (7) to preview your recording and verify that you have made the edits you wanted.
- Click Publish (8) to save your changes. Don't worry about losing your work, your recording will remain available to you for further editing.
After you edit your video (or even if you choose not to), you still need to place, or embed, your video in your course.
Embed your Video in your course
By default, your video recording uploads to the “Videos” tab. We recommend embedding your video within a Content Page or another item with instructional context.
Setting it up
- Go to the Content Page, Assignment, Discussion, or Announcement where you want to embed your video.
- Click "Edit" in the upper-right hand corner.
- Type in a sentence or more of instructional context such as:
- Directions on what to look out for
- Questions students can ask themselves as they watch the video
- A simple request to view the video as it covers material relevant to this section of the course.
Embed the Video
- Click the green Panopto icon (1).
2. Go to the “Choose” (2) tab to select your desired video recording.
3. Click Insert and Save (3) your work in the item. Your recording will now be visible in your course.