Announcements are an essential tool for communicating with all of the students in your course. You can use announcements to:
- Remind your students of upcoming events and due dates.
- Leave a message for the entire class with video or audio comments.
- Celebrate student success and important events that may be of interest to your students.
Enter your course and make an Announcement:
1. Click “Announcements” (1).
2. Click "+Announcement" (2) in the middle of the page.
3. Enter a “Topic Title” (3) and the main content in the body (4).
4. You may delay your posting by clicking that option (5) and selecting a time. This is not required.
Click “Save” (6). If you did not select a delay, the Announcement will be posted.
Note: Students may receive an email notification when an Announcement is posted. This is determined by a student’s notification settings, which only a student can adjust.